Benefits of Electric Bike Cycling
Electric bicycling helps people cycle their way to health, fitness and more good days. It can help reduce the risk of a range of health problems, from heart disease to breast cancer. In addition, electric cycling gets people motivated to get outside and pedal, which is great for the mind and body. Even with the electric motor, cyclists do most of the pedaling themselves and use the throttle to conquer hills or make headwinds a breeze. Many riders report that they feel like a kid again.
The health benefits of electric cycling include:
- Reduce Stress — According to the Stress Management Society (August 15, 2014), cycling reduces stress and promotes relaxation. In fact, studies have shown that regular exercise helps alleviate mild depression and anxiety.
- Boost Your Immunity — Regular cycling boosts a body’s defenses by up to 50 percent (Appalachian State University Study, 2010). You’re not just cycling; you’re riding away from germs.
- Reduce Risk of Disease — Cycling can help reduce your blood pressure and cholesterol and can even help fight cancer, diabetes and heart disease. In fact, studies indicate that riding 20 miles per week may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by up to 50 percent (Health Benefits of Cycling, AboutBicying.com).
- Lift Your Mood. Studies like one in the Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation & Prevention (Nov/Dec, 2007) show that regular exercise helps alleviate mild depression and anxiety. Riding an electric bike helps release endorphins, which create feelings of happiness and euphoria. There’s no better way to increase the benefit than with a healthy dose of fun.
- Look and Feel 10 Years Younger — Studies have shown that regular cyclists enjoy the general health of someone approximately 10 years younger (Start Cycling and Look 10 Years Younger, 2013).
- Lose Weight and Get Fit — Cycling can burn 500 calories per hour, helping cyclists lose or control their weight while improving their fitness (How Long & Fast Do I Need to Bike to Lose 500 Calories, 2015)
- Move Ahead of the Pack — Commuting by electric bicycle is one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine because it doubles as transportation while still allowing you to arrive at work fresh and sweat-free — plus, it’s green. And fun!
Pedego electric bikes are a great way to gain more good days with exercise disguised as fun!
Learn more about pedaling your way to a good day at www.PedegoElectricBikes.com