Chevron What's your symbol?
- year of diagnosis: 2013
- survivor years: 3 years
- current city: Kendall Park, NJ
- type of breast cancer: invasive ductal carcinoma, triple negative Stage 2a
- profession: School Nurse
- children: 2 (23 &19)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- My idea of happiness is anytime I spend with my family.
- When and where were you happiest?
- I was happiest on my wedding day in October 1995. I married my best friend and a wonderful man.
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is that the cancer will return in some form.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My real life heroes are anyone who fights the cancer battle. Whether they win or lose the battle, those are the biggest heroes.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Honesty and loyalty.
- What is your current state of mind?
- I live in fear of the cancer returning, however on a daily basis my state of mind is relaxed. While I’m afraid of the cancer returning, I am aware that God has a plan and I’m just a part of it.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My grandmother’s wedding ring. She passed away well before I was born. That ring and a picture is all that I have in her memory.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I love to spend time with my family, but I also love to read.
- What do you most dislike?
- Dishonest people. There is no reason to lie about anything and I dislike liars. The lies always catch up with them.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Take one day at a time and ask for help. You are not alone, and you can use help … ask for it.
Karen Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!