Crowned Warriors What's your symbol?
- year of diagnosis: 2010
- survivor years: 6 years
- current city: Southampton, NJ
- type of breast cancer: Male Breast Cancer
- profession: Retired
- children: 1 (49)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Relaxing and not taking life too seriously. To be free of debt, my family is healthy, and life is good.
- When and where were you happiest?
- Being a child and having no concerns. My parents looked after me and my 3 siblings. Middle Class happy.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Having my children or grandchildren predecease me.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- Every Marine/Military who has been awarded the Medal of Honor. They do the dumbest things. You have to love them.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Loyalty, sincere honesty, respect. Goes both ways.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- To keep my mouth closed and my ears opened. Communication.
- What is your current state of mind?
- I'm worried about my 11 year old granddaughter fighting Leaukemia. Breaks my heart to watch her go through the treatments.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My family. Daughter, son-in-Law, and two granddaughters and of course, my wife.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- May sound strange coming from me but I really enjoy the solitude of being on a lake casting. It frees my mind from my thinking.
- What do you most dislike?
- Besides liver and anchovies, I don't like having people looking for something they haven't earned.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- First, because I am a breast cancer survivor and being a male, I understand how this is going to affect you. However let me say, breast cancer is no longer a death sentence. The treatment can be worse than the disease but its short lived. Your hair will come back, probably thicker initially than before. You will lose some weight but I found that to be a good thing, for a while anyway. It will come back. If you get tired … sleep. If you want to cry ...cry. Eventually you will be back to your old self. All that you are going through will be a fading memory. Give it time. It will all work out.
Joe Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!