War Paint What's your symbol?
- age: 48
- year of diagnosis: 2013
- survivor years: 3 years
- current city: Aurora, CO
- type of breast cancer: Stage 1 Her 2 Positive
- profession: Management consultant for a Fortune 500 company
- children: 1 (6)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- I love life itself, including watching my son grow, spending time with my husband and friends, eating good food, music and dancing the night away. I absolutely love to laugh and am quite the jokester.
- When and where were you happiest?
- I am happiest when all is in good order in my life, and I am balanced.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Something bad happening to my son.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- Anyone that is for peace and happiness.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- I most value authenticity and loyalty. I also enjoy being around people who are positive and aren't always complaining about life on a consistent basis. It brings me down.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I would love to be a really good professional dancer.
- What is your current state of mind?
- A little cranky and overwhelmed because I have a lot to do in the next few days. I'll get over it though.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- It is more like possessions --- my shoes! I love, love love shoes.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- Enjoying company with friends and family and laughing and simply enjoying life.
- What do you most dislike?
- I most dislike disingenuous people and people who are not transparent. I believe in honesty, and that's one of my biggest pet peeves --- dishonest people. Be you!
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- It's a horrifying thing to hear you have breast cancer, and you have every right to be afraid. I know I was petrified. Somehow, you make it through, and you're a better person for it. Something happens when you're faced with your own morality. Flowers smell prettier, life is happier, and you savor each moment with more presence. Know that will happen to you too!
Myra Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!