- age: 45
- year of diagnosis: 2006
- survivor years: 10 years
- current city: Littleton, CO
- type of breast cancer: Triple Negative IDC
- profession: Boutique owner
- children: 2 (15 & 14)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- We know happiness when we feel it. We use the term to describe a range of positive emotions, including joy, pride, contentment, and gratitude.
- When and where were you happiest?
- I reflect back to my wedding day and the birth of my children as the days I was the happiest.
- What is your biggest fear?
- That my daughters will have to face a cancer diagnosis.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My mother.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Companionship, a listening ear, not feeling judged for being myself, acceptance.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- Aside from being able to fly like Superman--a distinct human impossibility--I would love to be an expert tap dancer.
- What is your current state of mind?
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My wedding ring. It is a great symbol of love and our family we have built.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- Enjoying family and friends. Laughing and growing as a person.
- What do you most dislike?
- Dishonesty and judgement of others.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Take each day one by one and try not to get ahead of where you are at. Focus on the now.
Julie Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!