- age: 71
- year of diagnosis: 1998
- survivor years: 18 years
- current city: Denver, CO
- type of breast cancer: Lobular Carcinoma in Situ, Stage II
- profession: Retired Licensed Profession Counselor & Certified Addictions Counselor
- children: 3 (51, 47 & 44)
- What is your idea of happiness? .
- My ideal of happiness is a glass of my favorite brand of chardonnay, a chocolate brownie, and my husband's hand entwined in mine
- When and where were you happiest?
- I have been blessed with many happy moments—the first time I held my son in Ohio, the moment I married by husband Dick in Hawaii, my graduations from college, the last day of cancer treatment in Colorado. The list goes on and on and continues to this very second as I take yet another glorious breath of air here in Denver, Colorado.
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is gaining back the weight that I lost over 13 years ago.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My heroes in real life are my late mother Helen
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Honesty, dependability, and intelligence are the qualities I most value in my friends.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I wish that I could sing.
- What is your current state of mind?
- My current state of mind is clear and focused.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My most treasured possession is my wedding ring.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I like spending my time most sharing my life with family and friends.
- What do you most dislike?
- I most dislike dishonesty in any form.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- If appropriate, I would share my story, including my almost 18 years of survivorship, but more importantly than saying anything, I would listen to their story, their feelings, and their pain. And I would give them a big hug.
Diane Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!