- age: 43
- year of diagnosis: 2014
- survivor years: 2 years
- current city: Centennial, CO
- type of breast cancer: Invasive ductile carcinoma, Stage 2, Estrogen and H2NEU positive
- profession: Realtor
- children: 1 (3)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- My idea of happiness is spending time with my son, my husband and my family. Throughout this process, I have learned that my family is what makes me the most happy and I will do everything I can to be with them.
- When and where were you happiest?
- The happiest day of my life was the day my son was born. And now, every day with him makes me happy (although he is 3 and frequently tries my patience). My husband, my son and I are an awesome force!
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is not being here to see my son grow up to be the man I know he can and will be. I have to keep this cancer yuck out of my body so I am sure to be here for him, my husband and my family.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My number one real life hero is my dad. He is the most loving, loyal, respectful, God-fearing family man I have ever known. He has been battling effects of polio and Agent Orange most of his life and he continues to fight through all of the pain and sickness – he NEVER complains, never takes life for granted, and loves his family with all of his being. My other real-life heroes are those people who battle their own illnesses and diseases and make the very best of the life they have. This is not easy, because everyone has their own battles, and I respect all of those who face them head on and do not give up!
- What do you most value in your friends?.
- What I value most is loyalty. I am loyal (almost to a fault sometimes) and I value that most in others. I have had friends that I have lost during my cancer battle and others who have shown themselves to be more than I ever thought they were, and still others that are exactly who I knew they were and are absolutely amazing friends. I have been so incredibly lucky to have the love and support from my friends that I have received
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I would love to be able to sing. I love singing- I do it all of the time- but I really do not have the talent. I think it is a wonderful outlet for happiness and really wish I could do it well!
- What is your current state of mind?
- Optimistic for the future. I have started a new career, have a wonderful son and husband, a fantastic family, and a close relationship with God. My life could not be much better!
- What is your most treasured possession?
- I have three: my relationship with God, my family and my memories/experiences. I would not be here and could not make it without God. My family keeps me grounded, hopeful, reassured, loved. My memories and experiences make me who I am.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- With my family and friends doing something: attending an event, playing outside, cooking out on the patio, swimming, skiing, watching baseball and football.
- What do you most dislike?
- I most dislike dishonesty.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- YOU WILL BE OKAY. No matter your prognosis or your treatment, you have to do whatever you can to make yourself okay with having cancer, having to go through surgery, chemo and radiation, and what you future will be like. However long we have on this earth, we have to make the most of it and we have to be positive!
- What is your favorite quote? This can be your own quote or words that you live by.
- I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength.
Amy Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!