Tree of Love What's your symbol?
- age: 51
- year of diagnosis: 2013
- survivor years: 3 years
- current city: Highlands Ranch, CO
- type of breast cancer: Invasive Ductal Carcinoma ER/PR +, HER 2 -
- profession: Pediatric & Urology nurse practitioner
- children: 3 (20, 19, 15)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- A sense of peace that I am not missing out on life, that I am present in all the moments and getting all I can from them, no matter what they are.
- When and where were you happiest?
- On my wedding day…I had been a single mom for 14 years and didn’t expect to get married again when God brought my wonderful husband to me. I was so happy the day that we started our life together.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Missing life while living it. I have a personality that is very high energy and go, go, go. Now that my cancer and auto immune diseases have slowed me down, I wonder what I have missed and am working toward balance.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My son who has been living with type I diabetes for 10 years, since he was 10 and my sisters of choice who have all had many challenges and grown through them.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Honesty, selflessness, sense of humor, undying support.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- Hmmm, more athletic ability…
- What is your current state of mind?
- Working toward balance between doing and being, between being ready to find cancer #3 if it happens, but still living every minute to its fullest.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My Bible, and my dogs, even though they are not possessions, but family.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- With family and friends. Doing things that make memories.
- What do you most dislike?
- Dishonesty and ungratefulness.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- This is hard and not fair and exhausting, but you will get through. Be sure to ask for and accept help, it does not mean you are weak, but strong in your ability to use your resources.
- What is your favorite quote? This can be your own quote or words that you live by.
- The words I live by now are: I want every interaction I have with anyone to leave an impression on them or make a memory that is good and shows my faith.
MiChelle Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!