Chevron What's your symbol?
- year of diagnosis: 2012
- survivor years: 3.5 years
- current city: Chicago, IL
- type of breast cancer: IDC Stage 2
- profession: Police Officer
- children: 2 (12 &7)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- The knowledge that my children are happy and loved beyond compare.
- When and where were you happiest?
- When my adopted daughter was placed in my arms. I had waited
over 2 years to get her and was happy to have her safe in my arms.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Reoccurance. The fear of my cancer returning and not being able to see my
children grow up haunts me.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- First responders. They do a thankless job protecting us and our
communities. They run into dangers that others are running away from while putting their lives at risk.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Someone who accepts you as you are. They embrace
everything about you and understand all of your flaws.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I would like to be a Psychic Medium. There are a few
deceased people that I would like to talk to once more.
- What is your current state of mind?
- I am extremely grateful for all that I have been given.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My police badge, it belonged to my father for 40 years and
was passed down to me when he retired. It has only been worn by the 2 of us for 60 years.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- With my family on vacation. I love to travel and experience
things through my children's eyes.
- What do you most dislike?
- Ignorance, mostly people who do not make informed decisions and let others persuade them.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right
- Keep yourself informed and be your own advocate but know that ultimately it is in God's hands.
Have faith that your treatments will work and let go of the stress.
- What is your favorite quote? This can be your own quote or words that you live by.
- Do unto others as
you would have them do onto you.
Laurie Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!