- year of diagnosis: 2012
- survivor years: 4 years
- current city: Park Ridge, IL
- type of breast cancer: Stage IIIB, ER,PR, HER-2/neu
- profession: Retired
- children: 2 (32 &30)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- I feel best when I have accomplished something. It does not have to be anything big, just doing something I needed or wanted to do.
- When and where were you happiest?
- When my kids were born I was not prepared for just how I could feel such a strong bond with them.
This was probably some of my happiest times but there have been many, many good days.
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is something bad happening to my children. I would be devastated.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My Mother is my hero. She was widowed with 12 children, but you would never hear her complain.
Everyone that knew her loved her.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Positivity! I do not want to be around complainers or negative people.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I admire people that are fearless. I would love to live life like that, just going for it.
- What is your current state of mind?
- I am very happy and content. I value my life and health every day.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My life!
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I like spending time with family and friends. I also like spending time reflecting on my life and what I
can do that is meaningful.
- What do you most dislike?
- I can’t stand or understand all the violence and hate in our society. Every day the news is filled with
more and more violent actions by people. It makes no sense to me.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right
- Utilize all the resources available. Survivors are a great source of information and support.
- What is your favorite quote? This can be your own quote or words that you live by.
- No matter what you are going through, someone else always has it worse. Be grateful for what you have.
Sharon Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!