- year of diagnosis: 2013
- survivor years: 3 years
- current city: Downers Grove, IL
- type of breast cancer: DCIS
- profession: President/Owner J & C Travel Inc, a full service home based travel agency
- children: 3 (38, 27, 33)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Good health, respect and of course love.
- When and where were you happiest?
- At the altar, the day I married my best friend.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Any recurrence of cancer.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- The dedicated men and women who give themselves to keep us safe and free.
- What do you value most in your friends?
- What talent would you most like to have?
- To be able to sing well.
- What is your current state of mind?
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My stereo; I love music.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- With my family.
- What do you most dislike?
- Disrespect and hateful words.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- I would ask them how they feel, what does their heart say? I would let them know it's okay to be concerned by cancer, but to try hard to not be controlled by it.
- What is your favorite quote? This could be your own quote or words that you live by.
- To never be ashamed of a scar. It only means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.
Jo-Marie Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!