- year of diagnosis: 2011
- survivor years: 5 years
- current city: Aurora, IL
- type of breast cancer: Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
- profession: Founder and CEO of Send A Smile Today, a non-profit that provides hope, love and support to those going through cancer
- children: 2 (13 & 11)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Happiness is being in the moment and feeling love.
- When and where were you happiest?
- I am happiest when I am at the beach with my family hearing the sounds of the crashing waves on the sand.
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is dying young and leaving my family to continue life without me by their side.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My heroes are my dedicated husband, selfless dad and caring mom.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- I value honesty the most because without honesty you have nothing.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I would love to be able to sing well.
- What is your current state of mind?
- I am content and wake up each morning excited for how I can make the world a better place each and every day.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My most treasured possession is my marriage to my best friend, Allen.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I like to spend my free time with people I love the most – my family and close friends.
- What do you most dislike?
- Spiders and snakes scare me and I very much dislike them.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right
- Take one day at a time. Plan fun things to do in the future to give you something to look forward to and
hope for. Never lose faith. Smile. Know that you are never alone.
Kim Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!