Feather What's your symbol?
- year of diagnosis: 2012
- survivor years: 4 years
- current city: Chicago, IL
- type of breast cancer: Stage IV
- profession: Import/Export Inside Sales Specialist
- children: 2 (17 & 9)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Living life free of worries, just knowing despite it all everything is okay
and everything works itself out.
- When and where were you happiest?
- Having life makes me happy, realizing how grateful and thankful I am for everything.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Not being around for my kids. As their mom I can’t be replaced, the thought of not being here for them frightens me.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My mom is my real life hero. Watching her go thru and endure life’s
difficulties and challenges however choosing to fight through it all truly inspires me and makes her my
- What do you most value in your friends?
- My friends are awesome, I value their hearts. They are always
there when I need them. The let me know we are all fighting this cancer thing and we are winning.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- Being fearless and unafraid of change.
- What is your current state of mind?
- What more can I do to educate, inspire and give hope to others?
- What is your most treasured possession?
- I don’t own any tangible possessions, what I most possess is the time I have to do what’s needed.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- Being social and out and about with friends and family.
Living, laughing, joking, taking life in and enjoying these moments.
- What do you most dislike?
- Individuals who complain about the simplest things in life not realizing there
are people in life who can’t control certain circumstances and learn to life handle situations without
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right
- Allow your thinking to be optimistic, try not to allow a cancer diagnosis bring you down and
always think positive. Remember cancer has no real power how you choose to deal with it is the real
power, you are in control.
Shanette Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!