- year of diagnosis: 2015
- survivor years: 1 year
- current city: Elgin, IL
- type of breast cancer: Stage 2b, ER/PR positive, HER2 negative, BRCA2 positive
- profession: Security Therapy Aide
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Being able to help someone and put a smile on their face.
- When and where were you happiest?
- Being surrounded by family and friends.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My dad. He was a fighter all the way to the end and also my Aunt Mary who no matter what comes her way, she always continues on and never plays the “poor me” act.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- The ones that have been supportive I value their loyalty, understanding and love. Most of all, the laughter we share together.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I would love to be able to dance and sing in front of people.
- What is your current state of mind?
- Thinking of my dad and how much he has gone through and know that he is at peace now.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- I have three treasured possessions. My port scar reminds me that I'm stronger than what tried to hurt me. And my mom’s ring and now I have my dad’s ring.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I like to read, listen to music, or surround myself with family or friends (by a pool would be nice).
- What do you most dislike?
- Negative people and those that try to say hurtful things to others. These people drain your positive energy.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something and let your treatment team know of anything that is going on no matter how small you may think it is. Remember you're in the driver’s seat.
- What is your favorite quote? This can be your own quote or words that you live by.
- So far you have survived 100% of your worse days, you're doing great and you’re amazing.
Jennifer Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!