The Warriors What's your symbol?
- age: 49
- year of diagnosis: 2008
- survivor years: 8
- current city: Fort Worth, TX
- type of breast cancer: Stage 2 / Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (IDC)
- profession: AVP, Project Consultant
- When her bandages were removed after surgery, Karen didn’t “lose it” as her doctor told her most women did when they first saw their post-op bodies. “I looked at myself and did not shed a tear. I was so relieved. I knew the cancer was out of my body.” Karen used cancer as an opportunity to change her life. “I am the face of cancer. I am a Model of Courage. I want to inspire others to never, ever give up the fight and never give up hope.”
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Feeling healthy, loved and surrounded by positive, inspirational people and my wonderful family and friends.
- When and where were you happiest?
- September 13,1995 in Woodland Hills, California when I was blessed with my beautiful little girl. You don't really understand unconditional love until a child touches your soul.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Re-occurrence of breast cancer is my biggest fear.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- Survivors, co-survivors and anyone who gets involved and takes a stand against breast cancer.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- I value their unconditional love, support, positive energy, honesty and integrity.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I would love to be one of those motivational speakers who can inspire and change and touch lives.
- What is your current state of mind?
- Truly blessed and thankful.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My health.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I enjoy spending time with my family and friends.
- What do you most dislike?
- Negativity. Life is so beautiful and I am blessed to be here.