Tree of Love
- age: 56
- year of diagnosis: 2012
- survivor years: 3 years
- current city: Livonia, Michigan
- type of breast cancer: Stage 1A Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
- profession: IT Business Analyst at Ford
- children: 3 cats: Bad Wylie, Jane Doe and Oliver
- Within 24 hours after being diagnosed, Linda decided that she wanted to be open about her breast cancer – using her experience to help others. Linda also wanted to keep her life as normal as possible during treatment and radiation, so she walked three miles a day and went to yoga class twice a week. Linda said, “I have my battle scars, but I am here, I am alive, and I am living every day of life to the fullest!”
- What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
- Obedience – sometimes you need to go against the flow.
- What is your greatest regret?
- I don’t like regrets – regrets relate to the past. I look to my past mistakes and learn from them, stay focused on moving forward, not looking back.
- What or who is the greatest love of your life?
- My husband, who stood strong with me in my battle.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- Anything music...singing, playing an instrument.
- What is your current state of mind?
- Excited to start the next chapter in my journey – I keep saying I’m going to help someone else with my experiences!
- How has having breast cancer changed your outlook on life?
- It has given me a new inner strength. I want to live each moment to the fullest, am not afraid to rock the boat and have discovered a passion to help others.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- Winning the battle against cancer and standing up for myself.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- To be just a few inches taller!
- What was your darkest hour?
- When I was told that I had breast cancer.
- What was your brightest hour?
- The day after I was told that I had breast cancer and I decided to be very open, the love and support I received that day and during all my days in treatment is still overwhelming.
- What is your most marked characteristic?
- My energy and my laugh.
Linda Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!