Plant What's your symbol?
- year of diagnosis: 2007
- survivor years: 9 years
- current city: Lilburn, GA
- type of breast cancer: HER-2 positive late stage III
- profession: Special education teacher
- children: 3 (12, 11, 5)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Happiness for me is when time and space cease to exist and the moment stands still. I am content and all is well.
- When and where were you happiest?
- I am happiest on sunny days, having picnics, having time to relax and spending time with my family.
- What is your biggest fear?
- I am afraid of out of control situations that could end bad such as airplane rides, cruises, old elevators, etc.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My heroes are Jane Goodall, Peace Pilgrim, my children and my grandparents.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- I value honesty, a sense of humor, reliability, creativity and a sense of wonder. I also value a friend who can “stand in my fire” with me.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I would like to have the talent of singing and being a comedian. The power of music and laughter are very healing.
- What is your current state of mind?
- My current state of mind is full of gratitude for all of the blessings in my life.