Spiral What's your symbol?
- age: 53
- year of diagnosis: 2005
- survivor years: 10
- current city: Powder Springs, GA
- type of breast cancer: Stage 3 lobulkar
- profession: Business Owner
- children: 2
- What is your idea of happiness?
- True happiness for me is living in the moment and experiencing everything around you fully. There is so much around us to enjoy if we just stop and take the time.
- When and where were you happiest?
- I believe that you create your happiness, so my “happiest happens all the time”!
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is that fear will keep me from being who I truly am.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My parents were my heroes. They raised 6 daughters and still found time to volunteer their free time to those less fortunate to make this world a better place. Everyone who quietly gives of themselves without a big fanfare or recognition is my hero.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- I value their ability to accept me with all my craziness and all my faults. With true friends there doesn’t have to be an agenda. You can just sit together and that’s enough.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I would love to be able to make people laugh like a stand up comedian does.
- What is your current state of mind?
- No matter what I do I try to maintain a relaxed and blissful state of mind. Let’s face it, that can be challenging! But for me I always know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be at any given moment and that’s extremely comforting.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- For me, my most treasured possessions are my memories. I love thinking about my happy childhood and raising my 2 daughters and all the fun we with them when they were growing up. Physical possessions can be lost, destroyed or stolen, but memories will remain with you always.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- If I had no responsibilities and no job, I would be spending all my time in my garden growing the sweetest and most colorful vegetables. I also love to read and spend time with my beautiful dogs.
- What do you most dislike?
- If I had to pick something it would be politics.