Warrior's Circle What's your symbol?
- age: 51
- year of diagnosis: 1995
- survivor years: 20
- current city: Peachtree Corners, GA
- type of breast cancer: Stage 2
- profession: State Farm Sales Representative
- children: 3
- What is your idea of happiness?
- My idea of happiness is having peace, good health, means to pay my bills and living in the abundance of life that God gives me.
- When and where were you happiest?
- In 2011, I lived on Balfour St. in Detroit, MI. My family and I celebrated me being 5 years cancer-free – I had beat that 70% chance of the cancer coming back within the first 5 years after treatment!
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is something tragic happening to me or any of my 3 children or grandson.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My Auntie Connie because of her spiritual wisdom and guidance, My Brother Jai-Lee because of his get-up-and-go attitude, my Daughter Chakira because of her discipline, and my Friend Lisa Cota because of her zest for life.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Their honesty and care of our friendship.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- To play the piano.
- What is your current state of mind?
- I am grateful for my state of being as “okay and normal”.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- A few pieces of jewelry that my Mother gave me before she died. (jokingly, my prosthesis and mastectomy bras)
- How do you most like spending your time?
- Laughing and/or doing something that will strengthen my purpose of helping other women to survive and strive with breast cancer, domestic violence and life.
- What do you most dislike?
- The taste of coconut, spicy food and rude people because they hurt people's feelings and don't apologize.