Plant What's your symbol?
- age: 43
- year of diagnosis: 2010
- survivor years: 6
- Year Breast Cancer Touched Your Life: 2010
- current city: Seattle, WA
- type of breast cancer: Invasive infiltrating ductal triple negative
- profession: Flight Attendant
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Happiness to me means being full of joy and laughter.
- When and where were you happiest?
- I am happiest when I am with my family. My happiest times are my wedding day, the birth of my 3 children, dinners with family, and vacations with family.
- What is your biggest fear?
- I fear being a victim of crime and being in danger.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My heroes include all law enforcement/first responders and military who protect us. But if I had to pick a fictional superhero, it would be a warrior princess fighting for justice, love and peace.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Characteristics possessed by my friends include non-judgmental, loyalty and humor.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- There are many things I wish I could do, including singing, playing piano, baking, and learning to speak another language.
- What is your current state of mind?
- I currently feel so blessed, content and relaxed.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My most treasured possessions are my kids and memories.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I like to spend my time with my family, my two Siberian husky dogs, going on walks and being active outside.
- What do you most dislike?
- A few things I dislike include snakes, clam chowder, traffic, rude people, slow internet, alarm clocks, and when there is nothing on TV to watch on my 969 channels.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- During your journey you will be exhausted, ill, weak and emotionally drained, but know that it is OK to cry. Let your family know it is OK to cry. Let your friends know it is OK to cry. Continue to fight your hardest but during times of sadness … go ahead and cry.
Caryn Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!