Chevron What's your symbol?
- age: 32
- year of diagnosis: 2014
- survivor years: 2
- Year Breast Cancer Touched Your Life: 2014
- current city: Seattle, WA
- type of breast cancer: Metastatic Breast Cancer
- profession: Business Systems Analyst
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Being present in the moment and not taking anything for granted.
- When and where were you happiest?
- When I was a child, spending time with my family at my grandparents’ farm in Cle Elum, Washington. The memories still bring me happiness; it was a very joyous time.
- What is your biggest fear?
- I fear that the hopes and dreams that I once had, and that my family had for me, may not happen due to cancer. I fear each day that this disease will return, and until there is a cure, that people will keep dying every day from cancer.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My grandparents. They are my true inspirations, full of unconditional love, and present in so many of my happiest memories.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Being present, near or far, lending an ear or sending random cards. I am fortunate to have some amazing friends.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I’d love to be able to teleport. I really want to travel to each continent, and teleporting would make that a lot easier!
- What is your current state of mind?
- At peace.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My cat. Animals have a way of bringing out the right emotions at just the right times.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I enjoy nature, I love hiking and camping. I also enjoy meditation, a good book, and spending quality time with my family and close friends.
- What do you most dislike?
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Do what is best for you, don’t be afraid to get second, third or fourth opinions from other doctors, take the time to really focus on all aspects of your care—including your emotional and mental health, as well as physical health. Educate yourself and become an informed patient.
Kristi Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!