Dove What's your symbol?
- age: 52
- year of diagnosis: 2002 & 2010
- survivor years: 7
- Year Breast Cancer Touched Your Life: 2002
- current city: Kirkland, WA
- type of breast cancer: Invasive Ductal carcinoma
- profession: Jazzercise Fitness and Yoga Instructor
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Being present in the moment and not taking anything for granted.
- When and where were you happiest?
- I was my happiest before being diagnosed with cancer. "Happy" takes on a very different meaning after cancer. To say I'm at my happiest now means that there is a cure already.
- What is your biggest fear?
- I fear that the hopes and dreams that I once had, and that my family had for me, may not happen due to cancer. I fear each day that this disease will return, and until there is a cure, that people will keep dying every day from cancer.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My heroes include all who overcome any type of struggle to better themselves and others. I meet these heroes everyday in my life as a Jazzercise fitness and yoga instructor.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Being present, near or far, lending an ear or sending random cards. I am fortunate to have some amazing friends.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I’d love to be able to teleport. I really want to travel to each continent, and teleporting would make that a lot easier!
- What is your current state of mind?
- Excited for what is next in my life. I am making everyday an opportunity to grow and change.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My dog Roman. He has been with me during all of my post treatment days that were rough and knows just when I need him to snuggle next to me the most.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I have a serious fitness habit. After cancer I am determined to erase any environmental or lifestyle factor that may invite cancer cells to grow in my body. Staying healthy and providing fitness to others is my way of being a good role model and to help my odds of not having a recurrence.
- What do you most dislike?
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Do what is best for you, don’t be afraid to get second, third or fourth opinions from other doctors, take the time to really focus on all aspects of your care—including your emotional and mental health, as well as physical health. Educate yourself and become an informed patient.
Kristine Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!