Tree of Love
- age: 41
- survivor years: 4 years
- current city: Miami, FL
- type of breast cancer: Stage II:Right Invasive Carcinoma
- profession: Political Analyst & Government Affairs
- What is your idea of happiness?
- My idea of happiness is time spent with family and friends sharing
laughs and being together.
- When and where were you happiest?
- When everything is going right. The bills are paid, nothing
hovering over my head, and I’m able to relax.
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is here. I’ve recently tested positive for cancer again. The other fear is not knowing my body and when there is something wrong. Another fear is being able to pay for treatment. Another is keeping and finding steady employment.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- The other survivors that I have met along the way that was able to
assist me in navigating through my journey. The other people that I’ve met along the way growing up to
show that I can be more than my environment and I can reach heights that might not have been
traditionally available for me.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- I value that my friends are not only strong and determined
women but are also inspiring. I love that fact that most of them are successful in their lines of work and
are always looking for more challenges. I also love that some are humble and are still willing to share
knowledge, time and talents with others. It's what I would like for myself.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I would love to sing and draw. I used to draw and paint as a
child, but after many years not doing it you lose it. I think I have a pretty good voice until I hear it
- What is your current state of mind?
- My current state of mind is that I am going to win and continue to
grow and prosper!
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My memories. I don't and have never been attached to material possessions.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- Meeting with leaders in my community, attending functions
related to women's health, politics, and business. I most enjoy the prospects of starting a successful
business of my own.
- What do you most dislike?
- People that don’t understand that I’m not superwoman and that I need help sometimes. I need a support team and most times I don't get that from my immediate surroundings.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right
- To keep moving. Don’t quit your job, do not detach yourself from family, friends or society. This is the time to listen to your body and not push yourself to the limit. Love and support around is what’s key
to making in through. Rest when you need to rest, work when you need to work and don’t feel guilty
about taking time for yourself. Everything you do and everyone around you should cater to your needs to ensure you have all of the tools to fight this disease.
- What is your favorite quote? This can be your own quote or words that you live by.
- Be fabulous no matter what challenges one face. Its one thing to be going through something, its quite another to look like your are going through something ---Makeda
Makeda Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!