Tree of Love What's your symbol?
- age: 44
- year of diagnosis: 2014
- survivor years: 2
- current city: Miami, FL
- type of breast cancer: DUCTAL CARCINOMA IN SITU STAGE 1, ER/PR NEG/ HER2 POS
- profession: Director of Trade-Marketing for large foliage/houseplant grower
- children: 3 (18, 13, 11)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Happiness to me is finding gratitude in daily actions and activities, even in the mundane and sometimes the unexplained. Happiness is giving and receiving love in every little detail possible.
- When and where were you happiest?
- As cliché as it sounds, happy to me is a state of being so I try to be happy wherever I am, but if I had to choose I would say I am happiest when I am at home surrounded by my daughters, laughing, dancing, telling stories, and simply being silly enjoying each other.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Outside of snakes and lizards, I don’t think I fear anything. I wouldn’t want to get cancer again or I am not ready to die, but I can’t say they are fears. I trust in the Lord above for His great plan in my life no matter what it is, therefore, I don’t fear but have faith instead.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My parents are my real-life heroes. They have worked hard to provide and instill what is most important in my life – God, unconditional, sacrificial love and family. My mother lived with me and my family for six months while my father focused on building their dream home in Colombia, something they had planned to do together. My parents had just retired when I was diagnosed and had to put their lives on hold to care for me. It was the definition of sacrificial love.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- With busy lives, it’s difficult to stay connected all the time. I appreciate being able to pick up on a conversation with a friend as if we had just spoken or seen each other yesterday. I value friendships that endures time, years and busy schedules.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I would like to learn to paint and draw. I dabbled in it as a child, and when I was 12, I created my own portfolio, but haven’t really done much since so I think the talent can be in there if taught and learned.
- What is your current state of mind?
- My current state of mind is peaceful. Being at peace does not mean I don’t still encounter stressful situations; however, those times are only momentary and situational. When I lie down at night, I am at peace and grateful.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- Outside of being a mom, I like to read, lie on a sandy beach and jog outdoors. I love communing with nature.
- What do you most dislike?
- I have zero tolerance for mean and unkind acts, especially within and against children.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Have faith that you are where are you supposed to be. Do what is necessary within your power to stay healthy emotionally, spiritually and physically. Listen to your body, rest when you need to rest, and let God handle everything else.
Natalie Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!