The Warriors What's your symbol?
- age: 51
- current city: Miami, FL
- type of breast cancer: Stage IV, ER+, Inflammatory Breast Cancer
- profession: IT Coordinator for a Non-Profit Health Management company.
- children: 3 (30, 15, 14)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Feeling content with the life you have and all of the blessings that come with it.
- When and where were you happiest?
- In my early 30s when I felt I had accomplished so much as a single woman and young mother. I was very proud of what I had overcome and the place that I had arrived at.
- What is your biggest fear?
- That my time won’t allow me to ever feel truly happy again.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- Everyday people who do extraordinary things for those less fortunate. Selfless, courageous people.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Their ability to be a better friend to me than I could ever be to them. That even when I hide, they seek me out and show they care.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I would love to be more artistic. To have the ability to draw beautifully.
- What is your current state of mind?
- Extremely hopeful … and extremely anxious. I don’t do well with uncertainty.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My collection of artwork. Some are valuable, others not so much, but together they are all a reflection of me.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- Spending quality time with those I love.
- What do you most dislike?
- Loneliness. Sometimes I can retreat into my own mind and that can be a very lonely place.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Never give up ... never. Every person is different and every case is different. Miracles do exist and if you believe with all your heart, you can be one too.
Monica Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!