Feather What's your symbol?
- year of diagnosis: 2008
- survivor years: 8 years
- current city: Southampton, NJ
- type of breast cancer: Stage 2
- profession: Designer of Hug Wraps
- children: 1 (adopted - 27 months)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Living in the moment and creating memories. I love when you're with someone and you turn to them and say, "Remember when we ..." and you both dissolve in laughter. Priceless!
- When and where were you happiest?
- A couple years ago when my entire family went on a cruise together. It was a week of laughter, joyful mayhem, practical jokes, and love!
- What is your biggest fear?
- So much violence in the world. But, it's during tragedy that you feel hope most, when you see so many people reach out to complete strangers with love, compassion and kindness.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- I meet new heroes every day. I love seeing a person do a random act of kindness, be a voice for someone who has none, reach out with a hand up to someone struggling or hug a stranger who looks like they need one.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Their time and attention. In spite of hectic schedules, we find time to meet for dinner, a movie, a concert, the theatre or take a trip together.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- A talent to calm others. To be able to calm a crying child, to calm a frightened cancer patient, to calm a grieving family who has lost a loved one, or to calm an injured animal.
- What is your current state of mind?
- Grateful. Grateful for my life and humbled to be a Ford Warriors in Pink Model of Courage. Also, deeply grateful to be able to help other cancer patients and give them comfort and dignity.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My yard. It's a safe place my outside animals call home, stray animals find food and shelter, connects family & friends with laughter and where my foster daughter first touched grass.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I love going to country music concerts, walking the Jersey Shore boardwalks, going to carnivals & outdoor festivals, and watching TV while I work and sew items that I sell.
- What do you most dislike?
- Anyone who abuses children or animals. Oh, and telemarketers.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Find your safety net that catches you when you fall. It could be Faith, music, family, friends, animals, books, etc. Then hold on and don't give up!
- What is your favorite quote? This can be your own quote or words that you live by.
- Be the answer to someone else's prayers.
Brenda Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!