Plants What's your symbol?
- year of diagnosis: 2013
- survivor years: 2.5 years
- current city: Plainville, CT
- type of breast cancer: stage 2B, triple positive invasive ductal carcinoma with lymphnode involvement
- profession: Sr. Disability Case Manager for The Reed Group
- children: 2
- What is your idea of happiness?
- My idea of happiness is knowing that my children are happy and healthy. As long as they are, then my heart is full and content.
- When and where were you happiest?
- I love our home and when we are all home together, those are the times I am my happiest. I didn't have times growing up where we all shared happy times together as a family at home so it is those times with my husband and children I cherish the most.
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is leaving this earth before my children. I look forward to everyday watching them continue to grow and experience life. I want to be here to see them become adults and continue to share memories with them into their adulthood.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- Selfless people who open their hearts to anybody out of kindness and compassion are who I feel are real life heroes. I love a good feel good story when someone spreads kindness and joy by helping someone in need.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Honesty and loyalty.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I wish I was gifted with a better singing voice. The beauty of music and how the message in a song can have such an amazing impact on others, I'd love to be able to cheer someone up or help them overcome through song.
- What is your current state of mind?
- I'm at peace. I'm in a place where I don't waste any second worrying about what-if's or could-be's. I try and utilize every minute I am given enjoying life and making memories with family and friends.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My children.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- Laughing. I love nothing more than laughing with friends and/or family. Happy times are the best of times!
- What do you most dislike?
- Cruelty, by people to other people or by people to animals. Life is hard enough as it is and the fact that there are people among us who have such hate in their hearts that they hurt others really angers me.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- I would say, "Take one day at a time and I promise, even though it seems a million moons away, the journeys end will come sooner than you think. Before you know it, you'll be looking back at all that you've accomplished feeling strong and proud!" I've shared this already with so many because I too felt
as though the nightmare I was in was moving in slow motion but they all agree that before they knew it they had come so very far, so fast.
- What is your favorite quote? This can be your own quote or words that you live by.
- "Don't sweat the small stuff!" I used to worry all the time about anything and everything before experiencing cancer. Now, realizing how much precious time I wasted in worry, sweating the small stuff is no longer an option. I realized that no matter how much one worries, it won't change the outcome of the situation. I now just go with the flow and I can't tell you how good it feels!
Lindsay Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!