Tree of Love What's your symbol?
- year of diagnosis: 2009
- survivor years: 7 years
- current city: Yardley, PA
- type of breast cancer: stage 2a invasive ductal carcinoma
- profession: Independent Creative Professional
- children: 3 (9 and 19 month twins)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Happiness to me is the simple things in life that make me smile, like listening to my children giggle, a family ice cream trip, wine with my girlfriends or a new pair of shoes.
- When and where were you happiest?
- In Italy on our honeymoon in 2003 was the happiest time and then going back right before my mastectomy in 2010 to celebrate life and 7 years of marriage. I love the culture, pace of life, art, scenery and food.
- What is your biggest fear?
- That my girls could too get the BRCA 1 gene and be faced with cancer.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My grandmom Betty. She was diagnosed with breast cancer twice and colon cancer and lived to be 98! She never let either get in the way of life.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- My friends are always there for me no matter what. Whether I need a voice of reason, someone to listen or someone to just have fun with, their support has never changed.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I would love to be an amazing singer and dancer.
- What is your current state of mind?
- Blessed and content.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My three children are my most treasured possessions. They mean the world to me.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I love to work out, shop, play with my kids and spend summer days by the pool.
- What do you most dislike?
- I dislike that young women, like me, are continuing to be diagnosed with breast cancer and we have no cure.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- It gets better. The beginning is the hardest but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it will be a rough ride but you come out a better person.
- What is your favorite quote? This can be your own quote or words that you live by.
- When life gives you pink lemons, make pink lemonade!
Jodi Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!