The Warriors What's your symbol?
- year of diagnosis: 2008
- survivor years: 4 years
- current city: Jersey City, NJ
- type of breast cancer: Triple Positive Breast Cancer
- profession: Digital and mobile advertising
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Happiness to me is appreciating every moment of life that is given to
me and filling it with many opportunities to enjoy people I love, places I love,and activities that keep me grounded and with a smile on my face.
- When and where were you happiest?
- I have learned throughout my life that I am always happiest in my
present and I always live in the present. There are no regrets in life that won’t hold you back and there
is no possibility to live life to the fullest when in constant anticipation of whatever future is out there. Live for now. Live that now to the fullest.
- What is your biggest fear?
- I guess my biggest fear is giving into fear itself and thus I live more on
acceptance of whatever life offers me and to fight any challenges placed in front of me.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My parents have always been my true heroes. They came to this
country and built a life for our family, to taught us the importance of a strong family unit which together can overcome anything and everything. The love we share and the support we provide has exceeded the need for anything else in my life in any situation I have had to face.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- I value most the ability of my friends to make me laugh and
keep me smiling through the good times and the bad. They showed up with no expectation other than
to just be there for whatever I needed them for – including participating in a 30 mile hike in the
rainforest to solidify the fact that I have overcome
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- To sing!! I have always loved singing and the day my mother
asked me to turn the volume down a bit because I was off-tune was a devastating moment for me! I
definitely still sing constantly in my head!
- What is your current state of mind?
- Grateful. I am so grateful for all the people I have in my life and all
the people (and my puppy) that have come into my life more recently. I see a very bright future full of love, happiness, and health that I can share with those that matter to me most.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- I have learned in life that possessions are not what matter but my family, my friends, my pets, and all the experiences that I can share with them. I also treasure the
numerous angels and charms that my mother and my aunt (my second mother) have given me over the years – just as a reminder of how much they love me and all the guardian angels they have sent my way.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I love traveling, spending time with people that matter to me, and living an active lifestyle. When I can do all 3 together it is the perfect combination for me! If I had to pick one thing, it would probably be the beach/ocean. There is a beauty and a serenity that it provides me that always allows me to center and take me to a place to reflect, meditate, and plan.
- What do you most dislike?
- I dislike any obstacle in my way that does not allow me to live the active, healthy lifestyle that I choose for myself.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right
- Take every day as its own challenge and giving up is not an option. It is a fight, and a hard one, but one that can be won and overcome. Use the people around you to lean on and don’t be afraid to ask for help. Your only job right now is to fight and to beat the cancer. Accept the generosity of others to help
you create more good days to look forward to. Take time to meditate and set intentions – it will allow
you to face each day with renewed strength to fight the good fight.
Lara Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!