Tips from Survivors
Nobody understands what you’re going through better than someone who’s been there. Here, our Models of Courage take the time to offer helpful tips, advice encouragement to give you more good days.
Simple Ways Survivors Found More Good Days
Here are some tips from the Models of Courage on how to get through the bad days and ways they created more of the good kind.
- Read Love and Faith Give Me Strength to see how the miraculous powers of love and faith helped Model of Courage Carrie fight her battle.
- Throwing Chemo Parties With the help of her friends, two-time breast cancer survivor and Model of Courage, Camari, actually found ways to make chemotherapy a better experience.
- Read Every Day is a Good Day for a Workout to see how the love of exercise helped Model of Courage Steve after chemo and what he has to say about picking up where he left off.
- Adventures by Camari Our Model of Courage kicked her insecurities to the curb by facing her fears with new challenges and exciting adventures.
- Beneath the Petals Our Model of Courage, Tracy Nicole, takes on the tough subject of being diagnosed and not being able to talk about it – then finding a way to open up through her writing.
- 10 ways to give a good day to a friend who could really use it
- An origami artist folds thousands of cranes to give good days and gets one in return. Read her story.
- Read Why We Walk by Karen Martinez
- Read Life After Breast Cancer by Tracie Benjamin
More Good Food
Whether you’re a patient seeking meal ideas or part of a support crew looking for ways to deliver a bite of bliss, the items on this list are sure to bring about more good days filled with flavor and smiles.
- Living Life One Meal at a Time What’s a great way to make your meals healthier without sacrificing flavor? Ask Model of Courage and chef Aimee. See her recipes and recommendations here.
The Courage Talks
- Watch as breast cancer survivors talk through some tough subjects such as losing your hair, negotiating chemo brain, telling your children you have breast cancer and more.