- year of diagnosis: 2009
- survivor years: 7 years
- current city: Lancaster, PA
- type of breast cancer: Her2nu +
- profession: RN / paramedic
- children: 2 (22 & 15)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Happiness to me is being with my children, Brooke and Cameron. Spending the day outside with them
laughing and enjoying the day is pure happiness to me.
- When and where were you happiest most?
- When my son was born in 2000, I was probably the happiest I'd ever been. I hadn't been diagnosed
with breast cancer yet and we were a young happy family. I miss those days.
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is the day I pass away and leaving my children. We've haven't been apart for more
than 5-6 days at a time and I worry how we'll each do. I just pray I've prepared them good enough when
for when that time comes.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- In my friends, I value them willing to take time out of their day so we can spend time together. We
are all busy but taking time to go to lunch, the movies, etc shows that we both care for each other and
enjoy being together.
- What talent would you most like to have?
- The talent I wish I had is the ability to sing! I was in chorus in high school and couldn't sing AT ALL. I
asked the director to please let me join and I wouldn't sing but just move my lips so it appeared I was
singing. It worked!! He let me join. I was the one of the first lip-sync'ers.
- What is your current state of mind?
- was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer in 2009 and get PET scans every three months. I live my
life in three month chapters--some are good chapters and some are bad. Right now, I'm having a good
one and enjoying the summer with my children and spending time at the ballpark.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My most treasured possession next to Brooke and Cameron is my little two seater convertible. I told the salesman I wanted a (used) non-mommy car now that my kids are older. That's exactly what he found for me. I love it, especially when the tops down.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I like to stay busy and active so normally I spend the day working in the yard or at the stadium. After
I've done 100+ errands for/with my kids.
- What do you most dislike?
- I dislike liars and people that use or hurt others intentionally. I never know when it'll be the last time
I'll see someone again and I can't imagine leaving things on bad terms in case it was the last time. We need to love more and hate less.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Never give up on yourself. Take care of yourself, remain positive and don't believe in timelines (if a
doctor gives you one). I was told I might live six months and in May 2016, I became a seven year
survivor!!! I might not make it to next May but I'm living life like I will.
- What is your favorite quote? This can be your own quote or words that you live by.
- My favorite quote --- Cancer is a word, not a sentence.
Angela Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!