- Year Breast Cancer Touched Your Life: My mother was diagnosed with Stage 4 in 2003
- Relationship To The Person Who Had Breast Cancer: Daughter
- current city: New York, NY
- type of breast cancer: Estrogen Receptor Positive
- profession: Marketer, writer
- children: 2 (14 &11)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Happiness is feeling totally carefree and uncompromised. It’s the feeling that you never want anything to change; you’re completely and utterly 100% satisfied.
- When and where were you happiest?
- I was the happiest at summer sleep away camp in the backwoods of Maine.
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is outliving my children.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My real hero is my father. He’s 78 years young and is the rock for the entire family and friends. He’s the person everyone leans on for advice and truly doles out unconditional love to those in his orbit. He’s also so brilliant and interested in everyone and everything that it’s invigorating to be around him!
- What do you most value in your friends?
- I value loyalty. If you can’t rely on a friend, it’s not worth your time investing in the relationship too.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I’d love to be more Teflon and less Velcro. I think it’s a real gift to be able to let things roll and approach any task or challenge head on with confidence and the will to succeed, without letting your head get in your way and preventing you from trying or even failing.
- What is your current state of mind?
- I am happy and try to live each day to the fullest. We don’t know what’s around each corner so, might as well capitalize on the here and now.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My most treasured possession is my wedding band. It reminds me of the commitment I made to my husband for life.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I love going for long runs or walks or intense work outs. I love to travel with my family and I can’t imagine going too long without getting into a great book. Spending as much time with my two children is always the best.
- What do you most dislike?
- I dislike people who pretend to be something they aren’t. I want people to be the truest versions of themselves as possible.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Strength comes from within. We have to mental power to overcome any obstacle. Try to take control of your current situation and dominate it in a positive way rather than succumbing to defeat.
- What is your favorite quote? This can be your own quote or words that you live by.
- “Live confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined” Henry David Thoreau
Shari Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!