- age: 51
- year of diagnosis: 2010
- survivor years: 6 years
- current city: Denver, CO
- type of breast cancer: Pregnant with Stage II Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, ER+/PR+/HER2+
- profession: Sr. M&D Product Support Manager
- children: 2 (9 & 7)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- My idea of happiness is to spend time with my family in the mountains, the beach or any calming outdoor spot. It means my time is dedicated to the moment and enjoying every minute with them.
- When and where were you happiest?
- I am happiest when our family is enjoying the waves and beauty of the ocean! This is my place of tranquility, contentment, reflections of life and pure joy of watching my children blissfully play in the sand without a worry in life. The perfect moment!
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is a recurrence and not being here to see my children grow and have their own children.
- Who are your heroes in real life? .
- My heroes are my husband and children. My husband John was always with me through surgeries, treatments, pregnancy and recovery. My daughter, the little angel I was pregnant with through my journey and my sweet, lovable son. My children give me joy, the gift to live in the moment, and the motivation to stay strong and healthy for them.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- What I value most in my friends are honesty, trust, inside beauty and unconditional friendship. They are there before, during and after our trials in life for a hug, advice, or a shoulder to cry on.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I would love to be a doctor. The ability to help others in this way would be my dream and the talent I would most like to have.
- What is your current state of mind?
- My current state of mind has me peaceful, balanced and enjoying living in the moment. I wish to stay in this place to allow every treasured moment to be captured in my snapshot of life.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My most treasured possessions are my children, Alexis and Jerick. My daughter is growing so quickly into such a beautiful , strong girl who God is molding for something special. My handsome son is loving, tenacious and always there with a hug.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I enjoy spending any time away from reality with my family in the mountains, at the beach or at any calming outdoor spot. It means my time is dedicated to the moment and enjoying every minute with my family.
- What do you most dislike?
- Coming home from work to a dirty house (just ask my husband!). Having cleaners during treatment was heaven!
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Have courage, be positive, be your own advocate and talk walks. You are strong and let nothing get in your way of getting through your journey.
- What is your favorite quote?
- Live life to the fullest and let nothing get in your way!
Shannon Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!