- year of diagnosis: 2014
- survivor years: 2 years
- current city: Chicago, IL
- type of breast cancer: Stage 2b invasive ducal carcinoma
- profession: Probation Officer
- children: "5 (22,17, 9, 7, & 3)"
- What is your idea of happiness?
- My idea of happiness is being healthy and in a safe environment where my children are free to explore and enjoy life.
- When and where were you happiest?
- Whenever I go dancing, it takes me into another world where I have no worries and no fears. This is my time of serenity.
- What is your biggest fear?
- One of my biggest fears is not taking advantage of life. I fear not getting a chance to be happy and accomplish my goals and some of my dreams.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My heroes in life is my mother for her being optimistic. My children for not being afraid to go after their dreams and every patient that enters into this cancer journey.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- I value loyalty, honestly, transparency and accountability when it comes to friends.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I have always wanted to sing and use this talent to encourage and entertain others.
- What is your current state of mind?
- My current state of mind is focused on staying healthy, happy and whole and doing life my way with no regrets.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My most treasured possessions are my children. I am so excited I am here to watch them grow and experience with them all the little things people take from granted on a daily basis, like going to the park or for ice cream.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I love spending time writing poetry, dancing and going on adventure around town with my girls.
- What do you most dislike?
- I dislike people who are constantly negative and are not able to see the positive in any situation.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Fight this fight just like any other battle. Prepare for war by getting physically and mentally ready. Remember warriors have scars but your scars are there to let you know you have made it to the other side of the war.
- What is your favorite quote? This can be your own quote or words that you live by.
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Reshelle Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!