- year of diagnosis: 2009
- survivor years: 7 years
- current city: LaGrange, IL
- type of breast cancer: Stage IV, ER/PR+ HER-
- profession: Editor
- What is your idea of happiness?
- A sunny day spent with family and friends far from everyday worries.
- When and where were you happiest?
- A child, Christmas Eve with my family; as an adult traveling with friends.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Running out of drug options to treat my metastatic breast cancer.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My parents for their selflessness. Patient advocate Shirley Mertz for her tireless dedication to improving outcomes for people with Stage IV breast cancer.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Compassion and a good sense of humor — ongoing willingness to laugh at my jokes.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- Being good at math.
- What is your current state of mind?
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My mom’s sketchbooks.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- What do you most dislike?
- It’s a tie: laundry, kale and getting the tartar scraped off my teeth.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- You are not alone—there is a community of people living with metastatic breast cancer—we get it! We are here for our MBC sisters and brothers.
- What is your favorite quote? This can be your own quote or words that you live by.
- See everything. Overlook a great deal. Improve a little.
Katherine Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!