- year of diagnosis: 2015
- Year Breast Cancer Touched Your Life: 2015
- Relationship To The Person Who Had Breast Cancer: Self
- type of breast cancer: Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
- marital status: Married
- profession: Marketing Manager
- children: 6 (24, 23(twins), 19 and 15 (twins))
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Having my children home and hearing them laugh; spending time with my husband.
- When and where were you happiest?
- When I am laughing with my friends and family! Just seeing everyone happy fills my heart with so much joy and love!
- What is your biggest fear?
- That there will never be a cure for cancer and that something bad will happen to my family.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My husband, Ted, is one of my heroes for showing our children what it’s like to be loyal and LOVING to his new wife with cancer. My mother for being the first to show me how to love beyond measure and my best friend, Andrea, for celebrating life and teaching me to laugh from the soul!
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Authenticity! I love being around my very real friends! It makes the laughs so much better and the tears so deeply healing!
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- The imagination and skills to CURE ALL cancers!!! After that, I would love to be creative!
- What is your current state of mind?
- I have a fierce appreciation for all the good in my life and feel very blessed!
- What is your most treasured possession?
- All of our pictures and my grandmother’s Royal Danish China from Denmark! My grandmother died when I was 3 years old! I imagine my grandmother’s smile from heaven when I set the table with her china!
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I love doing anything with my husband, children, and friends like downhill skiing, riding bikes, dinner parties, vacations and travel adventures!
- What do you most dislike?
- I don’t like how we are so hard on ourselves and judge ourselves so harshly! I am guilty of this too, and I wish there was a way to change this once and for all! No sliding back to old ways!
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- You are not alone! Surround yourself with friends and family who will LOVE YOU THROUGH IT! Lean in to their help! They want to give you #moregooddays so let them do it! Say, YES, I need your help! And most importantly, LOVE YOURSELF through it! Do what YOU need to do! Be fierce!
Lilas Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!