- age: 45
- year of diagnosis: 2012
- survivor years: 1 1/2 years
- current city: Atlanta, GA
- type of breast cancer: DCIS (Ductal Carcinoma In Situ)
- profession: Fashion Designer / Writer
- Tracy is a “thirty-something” mother of two, a clothing designer, an author (Who Said Peaches Were Perfect?) and a breast cancer survivor. After her bilateral mastectomy, Tracy began to share her journey in a blog, Beneath the Petals. “By sharing … I aspire to alleviate some common anxieties and shed light on the process I went through. If my experience can serve as a source of courage or hope for another woman or save a life, then my experience will have been worth it.”
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Having no worries, putting a smile on someone's face.
- When and where were you happiest?
- Last year at Disney world with my kids if I only had to pick one. Right after I got my diagnosis and before I told anyone, I gave myself permission to put it out of my mind for a couple of days and just live and enjoy every minute, and that's what we did.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
- Wonder Woman.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My mother, a three-time breast cancer survivor.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- They don't judge and they accept me for who I am.
- What is your greatest regret?
- I have no regrets. Everything I have experienced including my mistakes and disappointments have all contributed to who I am and everything that I am passionate about. My life is like living in a novel. Can't wait to see what happens next!
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My vision board. It tells the story of all my dreams.
- What is your most marked characteristic?
- I'm a go-getter. I don't stop until it's done!