- age: 58
- year of diagnosis: 2011
- survivor years: 3 years
- current city: Birmingham, MI
- type of breast cancer: Inter Ductal Carcinoma Stage 3
- profession: Photographer
- children: Cat (Coco)
- As a photographer, Laurie worked with The Pink Fund for years, documenting events, stories and fund-raisers. When she was diagnosed with stage-three breast cancer, she was able to turn to the foundation for help when she needed it. In turn, she still works capturing images for the organization. She also embraces The Pink Fund’s idea of breast cancer patients being more than survivors. “There is one thing I would like to change about breast cancer and it is the awareness of how many of us not only survive, but sur-thrive.”
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Hot chocolate chip cookies.
- When and where were you happiest?
- Dancing to loud music.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Fear itself.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- Children who are ill. They embrace life without expectations.
- What or who is the greatest love of your life?
- Myself…then I have room to love everyone else.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- To play piano and Sing like a rock STAR.
- What is your current state of mind?
- TWISTED BLISS.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- My children. To watch them embrace life, smiling when I hear my words come through their mouths like it was their idea…they are amazing. I realized that if I left the planet today, they would be just fine. Job well done.
- How do you most like spending your time?