- age: 52
- year of diagnosis: 2011
- survivor years: 3 years
- current city: San Diego, CA
- type of breast cancer: Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma
- marital status: Married
- profession: Realtor / Investor
- When a car accident sent him to his doctor, Tony mentioned a lump that he discovered in his breast. A biopsy led to a diagnosis, a mastectomy and six rounds of chemo. As a pro football player, Tony had his share of pain and injuries but, he said, “None of those injuries can come close to what your body goes through after you undergo chemotherapy.” Tony credits his family and friends for getting him through it.
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Family, cycling, reading and friends.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Not being able to see my sons grow up.
- Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
- Machine Man.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My mom.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Honesty, loyalty and a sense of humor.
- What or who is the greatest love of your life?
- My wife, Leila.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- What is your current state of mind?
- How has having breast cancer changed your outlook on life?
- I savor my time here on Mother Earth!!
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- My kids and playing in the N.F.L.
- What was your darkest hour?
- What was your brightest hour?
- Finishing chemo.