- age: 53
- year of diagnosis: 2011
- survivor years: 4
- current city: Woodstock, GA
- type of breast cancer: SITU
- children: 2
- What is your idea of happiness?
- My idea of happiness is spending quality family time in our camper, spending time outdoors with low to no use of electronics. I also love helping others in any kind of need. I always am doing something or planning something for my family or someone else.
- When and where were you happiest?
- A very happy moment for me was my wedding day, as my father walked me down the aisle with his walker at Peachtree Christian Church, to give me away to my husband.
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is that cancer will come back. I am a basket of nerves when I have my 6 month appointments, mammograms, breast surgeon and oncologist. The good news I received this year, 2016 was I only have to see my breast surgeon and have a yearly mammogram. I will continue to see my oncologist twice a year as I have osteopenia and have a fusion every six months.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My heroes are Jesus, He is always first then my husband, Jon. They both have made me a stronger person while going through chemo during Breast Cancer and radiation. Jon was my ROCK, he never left my side. I truly don't know how people make it through life's sickness without knowing the Lord.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- The most I value in my friends are to be honest and true in who you are. Those are called "True Blue" friends.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- The talent I would love to have is to be knowledgeable to research and to be on a team to find the cure for breast cancer. The treatments and medications have come a long way in making treatments tolerable, but it baffles me as to why a cure has not been found.
- What is your current state of mind?
- My current state of mind is to be who you are, make yourself happy first before others.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My most treasured possessions are my daughters. They make me happy and I am proud of who they are growing up to be.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I love spending time helping others, something so small can mean the world to someone in need. Take the little bit of time out of your busy day and give it to someone who needs it.
- What do you most dislike?
- I really dislike rude drivers, people need to learn that you need extra time, there is no need to be mean behind the wheel, accidents happen way too fast.