Niya Brown Matthews
Niya Brown Matthews
- age: 43
- year of diagnosis: 2003
- survivor years: 12
- type of breast cancer: Stage 2 Breast Cancer
- profession: Real Estate Agent and Author
- children: 1
- What is your idea of happiness?
- My idea of happiness is when you find that inner peace, that center when it all feels right. The joy that resonates in my heart.
- When and where were you happiest?
- I'm the happiest when I'm around family and able to be myself. The smile I bring to others face when I transfer my positive energy onto them.
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is not having a chance to live life to fullest. Not living long enough to see my daughter have a family of her own.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My parents are my heroes. Their strength their discipline their foundation helped mold me into the woman I am today.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- I value most in my friends is their endless compassion, they believed in my dreams , my problems where their problems and they gave me the ability to be vulnerable and be myself.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- The talent I like most to have is the power of influence. To help motivate, inspire and encourage others to being a better you.
- What is your current state of mind?
- My current state of mind is to be free by living in the moment, cherishing each day as if it was my last. Life is so precious. Laughing and smiling and bringing that light to others.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My most treasured possession is my daughter Jazlyn. I was able to take a baby and mold her to be such a respectable well mannered young lady with such brilliance and beauty rolled all up into such a phenomenal human being.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I like spending my time living in the moment. Walks on the beach with my husband. I love reading books, and writing books as I am an author. I enjoy speaking to the youth and women helping to encourage and educate them by not allowing obstacles to stop you from living and taking your zest for life.
- What do you most dislike?
- I dislike negative people, negative energy, and naysayers who do nothing but complain, distract, and pull energy from you. I dislike takers and not givers.