- age: 55
- year of diagnosis: 2010
- survivor years: 6
- Year Breast Cancer Touched Your Life: 2010
- current city: Seattle, WA
- type of breast cancer: Invasive Ductal carcinoma
- children: 2
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Traveling and exploring. I also love to dance; it makes my soul sing.
- When and where were you happiest?
- When I was told by my oncologist that I was in remission, I could see myself in the future, and being part of my children’s lives.
- What is your biggest fear?
- That the cancer comes back. Not being there for my children.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My grandmother; she lived to be 102 years old. Raised two children on her own, yet I never saw her mad or bitter; she was full of love.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Loyalty and dependability.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I am computer-illiterate. I realize in this day and age that it is a valuable tool to be computer-savvy.
- What is your current state of mind?
- I am happy to be at the end of this crazy journey full of surgeries, doctor’s appointments and treatments. I am ready to reclaim my life and start giving back to the community.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My family and my faith.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- Traveling, hiking, watercolor painting and volunteering.
- What do you most dislike?
- People who are not reliable. Dirty dishes.
Elena Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!