- age: 53
- year of diagnosis: 2015
- survivor years: 1
- Year Breast Cancer Touched Your Life: 2015
- current city: Seattle, WA
- type of breast cancer: Invasive infiltrating ductal triple negative
- marital status: Married
- profession: Healthcare Consultant
- What is your idea of happiness?
- My idea of happiness is being surrounded by family and laughter.
- When and where were you happiest?
- Most recently, I’ve been happiest on vacations at the beach, at the lake, and visiting family. I love the feel of the sun, the scent of the water, and the sound of laughter while relaxing with family and friends.
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is having an untreatable recurrence of cancer.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My heroes are my parents and family who influenced who I am and people who manage adversity with a smile and a sense of humor.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- In my friends, I most value a positive attitude, honesty and laughter.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I would most like to have the talent to instantly make people feel included and valued.
- What is your current state of mind?
- I’m feeling optimistic and energetic.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- I most treasure my family and the time I spend with them.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- I most like spending time with family and friends whether we are relaxing, exploring or working together, these are the times I enjoy most. When I have time to myself, I enjoy reading and gardening.
- What do you most dislike?
- I most dislike people who are negative, disrespectful, and disingenuous or lack integrity.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Having cancer is hard, but ultimately, it doesn’t define you; it is only part of your experience. You still get to choose who to be every day. It is hard to imagine when you are first diagnosed, but in your book of life, cancer will be but a chapter or footnote. The rest of the story is yours to write; what is the next chapter in your story? Focus on what inspires you and continue to reach for your dreams.
Mary Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!