- age: 60
- year of diagnosis: 2010
- survivor years: 6
- Year Breast Cancer Touched Your Life: 2010
- current city: Seattle, WA
- type of breast cancer: Triple Positive
- profession: Communications Manager
- What is your idea of happiness?
- When I’m feeling in control, able to do the things I want, enjoy family and friends. It’s being able to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
- When and where were you happiest?
- It changes from day to day. The beach always makes me happy; it’s cleansing. But I also love being with family, being outdoors, being active. In the moment is what makes me happiest.
- What is your biggest fear?
- I work hard to not live in fear. My biggest fear: to live in fear.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- People who make things happen --- who take charge of their lives.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- People who want to laugh, be active, get crazy or serious. Best friends are the people I can just be myself with; bad days and all.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- Probably sing. Or teleport.
- What is your current state of mind?
- Content, feeling in control, ready to make things happen and take charge.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My health and my family.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- Being active. I don’t like to sit still, which is what was so hard about recovering after surgery and during chemo.
- What do you most dislike?
- Negative people. Life will always be hard. Deal with it and move on.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Live in today. Focus on what you need. Don’t be afraid to do something or try something new. Ask for help and allow people to help you. Take control of what you can and let go what you can’t.
Brenda Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!