- age: 33
- year of diagnosis: 2009 and 2014
- survivor years: 1 year in October
- Year Breast Cancer Touched Your Life: 2009
- current city: Seattle, WA
- type of breast cancer: Invasive Ductal carcinoma
- profession: Lab Assistant
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Uncontrollable and ridiculous laughter between my twin sister and me when we just can’t stop a giggle fit and it leads to a spontaneous dance party; I think it may be a twin thing, or all the chocolate.
- When and where were you happiest?
- When I first moved to Seattle. It was an amazing experience to move so far from home and to make that huge decision for myself.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Failing; recurrence.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My sister; she is probably the strongest person I know.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Loyalty and communication.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- A photographic memory.
- What is your current state of mind?
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My radiation graduation coin. I carry it with me in my purse everywhere I go to remind me how much of a strong, cancer-fighting woman I am!
- How do you most like spending your time?
- My favorite way to spend my time is volunteering or public speaking. If I could, I would do it all the time!
- What do you most dislike?
- Going to the doctor’s office.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- It is okay to have bad days. It is okay to have good days. It is okay to have days that just don’t make any sense at all. Don’t ever let someone tell you that it is not okay to sparkle. You are an amazing diamond of a person!
Alexis Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!