- age: 56
- year of diagnosis: 2007
- survivor years: 9 years
- current city: Miami, FL
- type of breast cancer: Invasive Ductal Carcinoma with Lobular Features and Metastatic Carcinoma in Lymph Nodes
- profession: Teacher
- children: 2 (28 & 18)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- My idea of happiness is being true to myself and being content.
- When and where were you happiest?
- I’m happiest at home with my family and baking cookies for others because it helps to put a smile on their face, which is very rewarding to me.
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is for my cancer to come back and I not have the opportunity to fight again.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My husband, my children, and my circle of friends.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- My friends have always been there for me and my family. I can always count on them to make me laugh and give me a shoulder to cry on.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- The ability to cure all childhood diseases.
- What is your current state of mind?
- I’m happy living my best life ever.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- At this moment, I would have to say a healthy body and mind.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- Spending time with my family is by far the best, and sharing laughter with them and my friends---priceless.
- What do you most dislike?
- I dislike the fact that with all the advances in medicines and technology, more and more people are afflicted with cancer.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- While facing cancer is depressing and the road ahead will be bumpy, rest assure that you do not have to go it alone. The medicines are much better today and more and more people are surviving the battle. Continue to do what you enjoy doing, stay positive and to remember this is temporary. While cancer maybe strong, it hasn’t met you yet, and soon it will know it isn’t a match for you, for you are stronger. Soon you will look back and you’ll be amazed of all you have accomplished in battling this disease, and cancer will know it has to go. Keep your faith strong and rely on it for strength and courage.
- What is your favorite quote? This can be your own quote or words that you live by.
- Have a positive attitude and never give up! If you give up and give in, you are for sure not going to win the battle.
Martyne Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!