- age: 49
- year of diagnosis: 2015
- survivor years: 1+
- current city: Weston, CT
- type of breast cancer: Stage 1 Ductal Carcinoma
- profession: HR Director for global publishing house
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Nowadays, happiness comes in all shapes, sizes, and colors, in the planned and spontaneous events that happen in everyday life.
- When and where were you happiest?
- Most usually in the company of my husband, family and friends – watching my husband make dinner (he’s the better cook), being silly with my nieces (ice cream eating contest!), and Sunday suppers at my sister’s. Most recently (ahem, yesterday) with a glass of wine watching the sun set from our back patio and just being grateful for everything.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Similar to other survivors that the cancer returns. Or that it afflicts someone I care about.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My husband. He’s my best friend and rock. He was with me throughout my cancer journey – ever so patient, helpful, and supportive. He keeps me grounded.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Someone who is genuine and sincere.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- A quick wit and ability to make people laugh. Laughter is the best medicine.
- What is your current state of mind?
- What is your most treasured possession?
- The scar from my lumpectomy – my daily reminder that each day is a gift.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- With my husband, family and friends. Kicking back, relaxing, and enjoying each other’s company – fun, silliness, laughter ... lots and lots of laughter!
- What do you most dislike?
- There’s a price of admission to be let in and be part of someone’s life. People who take advantage, abuse or take that privilege for granted don’t deserve a second invite.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Cancer can be scary and overwhelming. There will be good days and days that are just downright awful. Take it one day at a time. Be kind to yourself, tune in to what you need at this moment, and every victory – however small (appetite back! first radiation treatment done!) -- is a cause for celebration.
- What is your favorite quote? This can be your own quote or words that you live by.
- You are stronger than you think!
Marikit Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!