- year of diagnosis: 2015
- survivor years: 1 year
- current city: Trumbull, CT
- type of breast cancer: Triple Positive Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, Stage 1
- profession: Pediatric Occupational Therapist
- children: 2 (10 & 9)
- What is your idea of happiness?
- My idea of happiness is feeling healthy and joyful while being creative with my children on a lovely summer's day.
- When and where were you happiest?
- I am happiest right now, enjoying being off from work and home with my kids.
- What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is of getting metastatic cancer and having to end life sooner than expected.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My heroes are every single survivor I've met. My mom, who I had the honor of taking care of before she passed away, and was a survivor, is my biggest hero.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- I value loyalty, compassion and kindness.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- I'd love to be able to learn guitar, so that I could accompany myself when I sing, and not need back-up.
- What is your current state of mind?
- Peaceful and content.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- My dog, Lola.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- Playing and relaxing with my children, writing funny and inspirational songs, poems and stories.
- What do you most dislike?
- I most dislike unnecessary tragedies involving children.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- Be positive, have faith, be kind, share your story, be creative, don't turn help away, learn to receive graciously, exercise, be creative!
Lorraine Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!