- year of diagnosis: 2012
- survivor years: 4 years
- current city: Waterbury, CT
- type of breast cancer: Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
- What is your idea of happiness?
- Happiness to me is being trouble free. Having not a care in the word. It's hard to achieve. Also, happiness is being with the ones you love. Happiness is being on a cruise ship with all of your needs met by the staff; traveling anywhere, but especially the Caribbean.
- When and where were you happiest?
- Getting married to my best friend and taking a cruise to the Caribbean.
- What is your biggest fear?
- I have many fears. The biggest fear is death. Then comes being alone as I age. And spiders, snakes, anything else that crawls; especially if it has lots of legs.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- All of the people fighting cancer every day.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Loyalty and trustworthiness.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- To read music and play the piano or some other instrument.
- What is your current state of mind?
- Well, I've got a current diagnosis of early stage prostate cancer. It's a new primary cancer.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- Photos of my mom and dad and my cats, Skylar and Mischief, but they are family and therefore not possessions.
- How do you most like spending your time?
- A quiet time at my home, watching TV, reading, and playing with the cats. Also, spending time with my husband Tony.
- What do you most dislike?
- Avocados and lima beans. I also dislike being lied to.
- In your own words, what would you say to inspire or encourage someone facing breast cancer right now?
- You will get through this. Breast cancer is very survivable, especially if caught early. Develop a good rapport with you oncologist and medical time. Keep your appointments. Do what they tell you to do and just remember to keep breathing, take one step at a time and you'll come through the other side better and wiser. You'll be a survivor. Find a support group to attend. Your cancer center should have a social worker or nurse navigator to help you.
Bob Doesn't Have any Favorite Looks Yet!